Many times you face difficulties in opening your contacts on your Android smartphone. The problem may not just be a problem with your Contacts app. There may be other issues on your Android smartphone due to which contacts are not showing on your Android mobile. Follow the guide below for ways to fix the problem.
By updating and rebooting the Contacts app:
The best option that you can try first is to reset the Contacts app on your Android smartphone. Rebooting the Contacts app and restarting the app will sync the contacts again and cause some contacts to not be visible on your phone. Follow the steps to reset Contacts app
- Open the Settings app on your screen > depending on which Android mobile, navigate to Settings with the gear icon.
- Scroll down and find Apps > Expand All Apps.
- Now open the Contacts app.
- Go to the top-right corner and click on the three-dot icon menu.
- Select Uninstall.
- You can now reboot your Android smartphone and update the Contacts app when prompted.
– advertisement –
Read more: Google Photos can now sync liked images with Apple Photos
Clear Contacts App Cache:
The next method that can help with contacts not showing up on your Android smartphone is to clear the Contacts app cache. Having extra cache can fill up Contacts app space. Clearing the cache will free up some space. Note, only clear data and cache do not delete your contacts. Follow the steps to clear the cache.
- Go to Settings > Find Apps Info.
- From Apps, Info scrolls down to find the Contacts app.
- Now open the app and tap on Storage & Cache.
- From the opened page > click on Clear Cache on your right side with the bin icon.
- If you are clicking on Clear storage make sure you back your contacts.
ALSO READ: Telegram’s latest update now lets you migrate chats from WhatsApp: Here’s how
Sync all your contacts with your Google Account:
Contacts usually sync automatically if your Google Account is linked to your Android smartphone. But if the contacts are not synced yet, try syncing your contacts manually. And it can help to show contacts. Follow the guide given below.
- First step, go to the Settings app.
- And choose Users and Accounts.
- Scroll down to Accounts > Click on Google.
- Click on Sync Accounts.
- Toggle on Contacts.
- Let Google sync all your contacts.
If you have saved all your contacts in your Google account, the best way is to import all your contacts. Import contacts that you have on SIM or phone memory. Here are the steps.
- Open Contacts from your Android smartphone.
- Click on Settings using the three-dot icon.
- Find Import Options > Select the source of contacts to import.
- Wait for sync to finish.
For the latest gadget and tech news and gadget reviews, follow us at Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for the latest tech and gadget videos. You can also keep up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android app.
– advertisement –